Sunday, February 10, 2008
Week 4 - Things 8 and 9
I have spent the day learning more about RSS feeds. Hours have gone by as I have used different search tools to find the RSS feeds that most interested me. I used Google Reader as my aggregator and I have 5 feeds at this point in time. Educational Technology and School Library feeds were my focus. There are so many resources it was difficult deciding which ones were most beneficial. I did not want to subscribe to too many because I know that I will not have time to check all of them each day. RSS feeds were new to me about a month ago, so I know that I am just touching the surface of their potential! I tried out all of the search tools that were listed but still found the search in Google Reader to be my favorite. Feedster was a dead link for me and I found Syndic8.com to be confusing. I checked out the blog searching tools as well, but my interest was not in finding blogs at this point in time. I want to continue learning about RSS feeds and chat with others about which ones they find best for professional development.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It looks like you're moving along nicely through the lessons. The lesson you are doing with the trading cards sounds great--remember to share that when you get to the sandbox wiki, as well as your tip on using Word.
Your Web 2.0 coach
Post a Comment