Saturday, March 15, 2008

Week 8 - Thing 19


I created an account for LibraryThing and took the tour. I then added five of my books and created my catalog. I hope that I linked this properly! :) I also added a LibraryThing widget to my blog. The rating of my books ranged between 3.91 and 4.39. I'm not sure how the popularity number is derived. I tried finding that out but did not locate the answer to my question. My popularity numbers ranged between 145 and 34,852. Those number did not make sense to me. It was almost as if the members number got mixed with the popularity number, but I'm not certain. All 5 of my books had comments listed after them and I also searched them in "Talk" and read lots of discussion from the Groups.


The MoBuzzTV Review link is dead but I checked out all of the other links. I especially liked seeing how other libraries are using LibraryThing. I am going to try to incorporate it onto my webpage as a widget, to share the newest books that have arrived in the library.

No comments: