I am finished! Web 2.0 has been an "eye opener" for me. I have learned about so many different technologies that are available to me and to our students through the Internet. I feel very comfortable using many of them but with some of them I am still grappling. I have now used a blog for my Student-Parent Book Club, I have used many of the tools available through Flickr Toys, I have come to enjoy RSS feeds, and I have continued to listen to some podcasts.
I think the hardest thing for me was doing this on my own. I learn best by having someone to talk with - to brainstorm ideas and to work through challenges. I would be working at something and hit a wall and I had no one to talk with about it, that could help me at that moment, when I needed help. Since so many of these technologies were new to me the learning curve was pretty steep for some. But, I persevered, and feel that I have come out with so much more knowledge than when I went into this.
I would definitely recommend this course to every librarian. There is so much to learn and I know that I still have a long way to go. Since technology changes constantly, I need to continue to learn and grow so that I can be an effective collaborator with my teachers. Librarians have so much to offer teachers and students, so we can never stop learning.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be part of PA's Web 2.0!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment